Thanksgiving didn't go as planned this year, we ended up in the emergency room for to have Tyler's appendix taken out. It started on Tuesday night when Tyler told me his stomach hurt and he thought it was something he ate, Wednesday it started to get worse and we didn't thing much else until, Thursday morning at 4am I got up to feed Bridger and I found Tyler laying on the couch in pain, I knew that something was wrong because its not like him to complain, so we waited until 9am thinking that an Insta-Care was open but of course nothing was open so we ended up here,
Davis Hospital Emergency room!
After waiting in the emergency room for tests and bloodwork, 3 hours later the on call surgeon was pulled away just before having his Thanksgiving dinner to perform Tyler's appendectomy at 3:10pm.
Tyler was such a champ harassing the nurses and doctors and telling them that today wasn't suppose to be about him.
Tyler did so good during surgery that when they wheeled him into his recovery room as I was waiting for him he came in moaning and had a great big smile on his face and I knew he was OK. The nurses were laughing and saying how much fun he was.
We didn't have much of a Thanksgiving dinner, but while Tyler was in surgery, I was able to step away for 30 minutes to have some turkey and to check up on Bridger. Tyler's dinner was fish with rice, salad and cheesecake, not typical Thanksgiving, but it worked. Tyler was so bummed to not have his mom's gravy and especially the yam balls he makes.
We are so grateful for our family to help us out and to take care of Bridger when we need it and all the calls and concerns about Tyler, Emergency Rooms & Hospitals for being open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and especially on holidays, surgeons that have skilled hands, but most of all the power of prayer and our Heavenly Father.The ER visit of 2009 wasn't the way we planned to celebrate Bridger's first Thanksgiving, but it will be one that we will never forget. We plan to have our own Thanksgiving with Bridger and our own little family soon. As for now, Tyler is still a little sore, and bruised but is doing good.


7 comments:
How sad! I'm glad he's doing well now. No fun! See you Thursday. Let me know if I can help you with anything!!!
What a Thanksgiving Carrie! I'm glad he's OK. Bridger is so adorable by the way!!
WOW! That is crazy. I am glad Tyler is doing better. By the way, Carrie I have to say you look better in a hospital gown. Sorry Tyler:)
What a bummer, glad you are doing ok and on the way to mending.
What?! What a bummer for Tyler...I'm so sorry. I can't believe you didn't call me though to watch Bridger so you could be with Tyler. {and I'm just being selfish and would love an excuse to hold Bridger!} Never a dull moment at the Farnworth's house! :)
OMGSH....I am SO Sorry to hear about Tyler. Bummer on the Thanksgiving day activities but at least he is better. Bridger is getting so big! Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment