Friday, September 11, 2009

Off to a Rough Start!

Well we have been off to a rough start since we brought Bridger home, things just didnt seem right. He was yellow and slepted all the time and did not want to eat. Wednesday after we got home from the hospital we had Bridger's Doctor appoiment and we ended up having to take Bridger up to Primary Children's Hospital because he was so Jaundice and dehydrated so they had to be under the lights. it was so hard for us to see our baby just lying there and that we could only hold him just long enought to feed him. We were truly blessed that was the only think wrong with him unlike some other mothers that were there with there kids.
Bridger had to have a little IV in his left foot with monitors on his chest and Oxgyen becuase he likes to hold his breath, and of course the little sun glasses. He didn't seem to mind being in there though, probably because he was toasty warm, but it was harder for me as a parent to see my child like this.
I was crying the whole time and was so thankful that Tyler was there to be the strong one and to let me know that everything is ok and for taking pictures now at the time I was a mess. I am truly thankful for the nurses and doctors that are at Primaries for everything they did for my little guy.
After about 17 hours under the lights, Bridger was able to come off of the Oxygen and the lights, we got to hold him and snuggle him. It was the best feeling knowing he was doing so good and ready to go home AGAIN!
Briger's "sunglasses "

Going home again finally! lets hope we don't have to be making any trips to the hospital anytime soon.

10 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

I am so sorry! That is so scary. I hope he is doing better. It's scary being a new parent!!! Good luck. I can't wait to meet him.

Paige said...

Carrie - I'm so sorry!! He does look adorable in the pictures, but I can't even imagine the fear you feel as the mom. He's such a sweet little guy, and I'm so glad he's back home & doing well. We missed you this month. Hopefully we can meet him sometime. Good luck with everything. I hope you're doing good! :)

daisey dew said...

I am So SORRY that you had to go through that. It is such a helpless feeling being a parent and not being able to help your child. I am SO glad that he is doing better and that he is home. We love you all!

Jenny H said...

It is hard for anybody to experience that! I am so glad he is okay and feeling better. He is such a little doll!!

LittlePartyof7 said...

He is such a cutie!!! I just love him!!! I'm glad it turned out okay!!!

Nikki said...

Oh how scary! But he looks so dang cute in those glasses!

jenny said...

that is so scary carrie, i know just how you feel. we have pictures of desmond in that same little outfit, sunglasses and all. he had jaundice after being in the NICU a few days. he had so many little wires and monitors hanging off him, it so hard to see your baby like that. hope things are going better now.

*i did see your darling pictures on melissa's blog. they are darling of all of you.

The Flitton's said...

I am so sorry! Connor had to go through the same thing. He is so darling!

JaNae said...

Oh goodness Carrie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I'm always SO emotional with my new borns....I would cry just when they would prick their heels to draw a little blood. Not fun. But I'm so glad he's doing better! We will definitely miss you in Park City, but I don't blame you for not coming. It's tough getting used to the newborn eating/sleeping schedule. Maybe next year!?
P.S. He's adorable by the way!!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad Bridger is doing better adn was able to go home! That would be really hard to not be able to hold your litte newborn!