OK Tyler and I need every one's help, advice and comments. We are looking at what car seat and stroller to get for our little guy, and I am stressing and pulling out my hair with the options so PLEASE HELP!

We are looking at these two car seats. In orange is the Chicco Keyfit 30 with the Chicco Cortina Stroller. In red is the Graco Snugride 32 with the Graco Quattro Tour Stroller.
There isn't much difference between the two but as a first time parent I want to make sure I get the right one for my baby and have no regrets, so your advice means a lot to us. If you can, will you please let me know if you own one of these, or know someone that owns one and why you chose it. Tyler and I have read all the consumer reports, magazines and online reviews and everything else we can find and we're still stumped.





9 comments:
ok Carrie...I am no pro here but as for the brand...I know both are good. I would choose the one that is the lightest weight and easiest to fold down. Many times you will be doing things almost one handed and you may be struggling for space in your car as well and I have found that the easier and lighter the better. Good luck!
i already left a long comment on facebook, but i'll just repeat it here too. we got the graco infant safe-seat, the snugride fits them better for the first month, but they outgrow it if they are big babies. then you have to buy another carseat before the first year is over. just get the little head rest supports. anyway, we just got the stroller base that the carseat just fits into, then a separate umbrella stroller when he got a little older. fact is, the baby is asleep in the carseat most of the time when you want to put them in the stroller so all you really need is the carseat and something with wheels to put it on. the plain stroller base is nice because it is light and there is no extra bulk. i sent the link to it on your facebook page.
really, that is just all my opinion though. i'm sure there are many other systems that work, i was really happy with that one though.
good luck!
We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 and we love it. I would recommend getting the Trevi stroller though. It still holds the car seat but it folds down so much smaller. It is also super easy to collapse. Before we got our car seat and stroller my sister looked on the consumer reports and the chicco was the highest rated. It goes in and out of the base so easy too.
We had the Graco Quatro Tour, but that was like 5 years ago (I can hardly believe it's been that long). We liked it a lot, but like jenny said, they do grow out of it fast, but I think that might be all infant seats. My boys are really big! I do love the orange color, but red's always great too. I guess I"m not helpful at all! Sorry. Good luck to you. I'm so excited to meet this little one. ;)
I randomly came across your blog and to answer your questions, this is what my wife and i did.
Buy the keyfit, it might be a little more expensive but its the best on the market.
The chico stroller is huge and takes up a lot of space. we researched strollers and found the Maclaren techno xlr. This is a really good stroller. It comes with a bar that you can set up for a car seat and it takes less than 30 seconds to set up... thats valuable time. We bought ours off of ebay for $200. The strolller is heavy duty and is light weight and it does not take up the room. IF room is not an issue and you are tight on money go with a chico.
Best Wishes,
Mitch
I might be too late in posting this, but if you haven't bought one yet, I'll warn you that we bought that carseat/stroller combo and the carseat is SUPER deep. Sean couldn't scoot his seat back all the way in our SUV because Presley's car seat took up so much space. Just a warning. Other than that we like it.
Oops, we bought the GRACO carseat/stroller.
Carrie- I don't know if you've already bought your carseat and stroller yet...but I own the quattro tour and have loved it. It's not the most lightweight stroller in the world, but that stroller has been through a lot and is still going strong. I've gone running with it, used it as a double stroller (by just laying down the seat, it can fit 2 toddlers easy) and a lot more. I don't know much about the chicco except that it's rated the highest in consumer reports and I love the way they look. good luck!
Post a Comment