Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cozumel Mexico!

Major Picture overload! But Cozumel was the most amazing day ever!

Well today was Friday and our very last excursion. We arrived in Cozumel Mexico to venture out to Playa del Carmen which was a short 30 minute ferry ride from Cozumel Island to the main land. We met some people from Heber on the cruise so they joined us on our day of activities. The day started off kind of rough because they were late.

Since the Heberites were late, we missed the first ferry that would take us over to Playa so we ended up waiting on the pier for an hour since that is how often the ferry runs. We finally arrived in Playa del Carmen and loaded into Daniel's van and headed for Tulum to see the ruins. Daniel works for my boss Kevin over in Mexico (it was so neat to see the Shamrock Logo on his van and not just on our work trucks back home).
Tyler and I riding the train to the Tulum ruins.

I can't say enough about Tulum, We made sure we got an LDS tour guide, Alma, and she was amazing. At the beginning of the tour, we all gathered underneath a tree and listened to her talk and explain about the ruins then she started singing the primary song "We'll Bring the World His Truth: Army of Helaman" in spanish. We couldn;t understand the words she was saying, but we knew the song and were singing it in our minds. Man did the tears start rolling down everyone's eyes. You could feel the spirit there so strongly, it was the most humbling experience. Alma explained how her family is all LDS and that her son is serving a mission. She also told us how they have to travel a long way to go to church and to attend the temple, but they do it. I admire anyone like that, because I think that we don't realize how much easier we have it living in Utah and having temples and church houses all around us and close to our homes.


Tulum is right by the ocean and the ruin site was surround by a great big wall that was supposed to help keep people out.

This iss the temple of fertility. It was so neat to hear about the temple and were I was on fertility to get pregnant it kind of hit me. Being there at that place and knowing that I was carrying my child and we are so blessed to be able to raise our child; I just started bawling.

Our Group

The Tree of life. Our tour guide told us that her sister makes a carving of the tree of life and we got one that explains it more in detail. It was amazing to see and an amazing souvenir that will always bring back memories of that special and spiritual day.


After Tulum we made a quick stop at Kevin and Tami's house in Akumal. It was amazing and I hope to go back and stay there soon. Daniel and I. this man is amazing. I have had the opportunity to meet him before and talk to him on the phone a lot and I just love this guy.

Tyler and I at dinner.

Tami and Tyler. These two were so funny they liked to sit by each other at dinner to see what each other ordered so they could order more than one appetizer, dessert etc. It was funny.

Bill, Rob and Colton being silly at dinner.

1 comment:

Clegg Family said...

The pictures are great and the trip looks like a blast...

...but what's even more fun is that you are hitting the 100 MORE DAYS LEFT OF PREGNANCY stage!!