Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Vacation Day One!

Early Sunday morning April 5th, we woke up at 4:45am to meet at my work by 5:30. We had to get to the airport by 7:10am to catch a flight and head on our way to New Orleans. Tyler and I have been so excited for this vacation since December. My work gave me and my husband a 7 day, all expenses paid, cruise with 5 other couples and their spouses as a Christmas bonus, I am so lucky to have a boss that shows his appreciate to his employees.

We landed in New Orleans around 12:57pm and we headed for our cruise ship the Norwegian Spirit. On our way we were lucky enough to see some sites that had been underwater when Hurricane Katrina hit. It was neat to see the progress of the rebuilding that has gone on in the city.

Outside the Airport

We arrived to the Norwegian Spirit, our home for the next 7 days, that afternoon. I was amazed how huge the ship was. I have never been on a cruise before, so I was way excited.
After getting checked in and being greeted with a drink, we entered into the main lobby. Wow, I can not even believe how they do it. It's basically a small floating city.

As we walked into our room this is what we saw, (not the best picture) but we had a bed that was a little larger than a queen and a balcony, I was in heaven, the fresh air and the sound of the ocean what could have been better to help me fall asleep?
So begins our adventure on board the Norwegian Spirit. We have a ton of pictures so more to come.

2 comments:

daisey dew said...

I am SO GLAD you both had such a wonderful time. It looks like fun. I have never been on a cruise either and have always wanted to go. What a nice boss too. Lucky you!

Shannon said...

Wow- that is so awesome that your work gave you this trip. Sounds like it was so fun!