Friday, May 30, 2008

Day Two & Three of our Disneyland Trip!

Sunday we went to Venice beach which is also called "Muscle Beach", it's were all the men and women go to work out and be close to the action of the beach. We had a great time playing in the water and sand. It was the first time Brandon & Ali's kids have seen the ocean so it was a lot of fun to see there cute little faces covered in sand and see there collection of seashells. It was so crowed when we first got there and we all dared Tyler to swim only in his speedo which he wears under his board shorts, well sure enough the next thing I see is Tyler running into the ocean only in his tiger stripped speedo. I about died! It was so funny, but of course none of the other beach goers thought anything of it. I forgot to bring my camera that day so we don't have any of those pictures. We had walked up to the sidewalk to look at of the shops and since Tyler & I are such people watchers we also had fun seeing all of the people on bikes, rollerblades, strutting around in there swimsuits.

I just couldn't help myself, I had to take a picture of this man. He works out every day in the same outfit also caring around his radio that is really loud. The kicker is the antenna its a straw. We saw him set all of his gear down and walk up to one of the side restaurants and get a straw for his antenna.

Day Three. We got up early and headed over to California Adventure. It was an extremely warm day and we got plenty of sun. Here we are outside of the park waiting to go in.

We went on the carousal with the kids and they loved it. Tyler and I are like two kids trapped in adult bodies.

Laini (next to Carrie) and Xanna (next to Tyler) think they are so big and want to go on all of the big kid rides, but us old farts were tired of walking and wanted to sit down so we decided to go on the ferris wheel. Tyler & I have been on this ride before and the kids have been on a ferris wheel before, but not one like this. There are two different carts you can choose from, one that moves or one that is stationary, so of course we took the one that moves and the kids wanted too as well. Every time the ferris wheel moves the cart rolls backwards and forwards because it's on an oval track. Well, the first time it rolled forward we all were a little surprised and poor Braxton, I thought he was going to wet himself. He almost started to hyperventilate and then he started to cry and was saying that we were all going to die which then got the girls scared and so they started crying also. We all survived and lived to tell about it even though the kids will probably never want to go on that ride again.

Buzz Lightyear was the highlight of the trip for Atticus because he loves Buzz. California Adventure has a Pixar parade were all of the character's ride on floats and squirt water at the crowd. Atti was in heaven when he saw Buzz. It was so cute watcing him blow kisses and waving to Buzz then hearing him say "To infinity and beyond." It was a highlight for us all.

My favorite picture of Atticus smiling at Buzz. I can't wait to be a mom someday and to see my own children react to there favorite characters.


2 comments:

k8shoe said...

Oh, those pictures make me wish I was at Disneyland! Looks like fun! Oh, we went on that ferris wheel on a really windy day (when McKay was only 3)...she and I were FREAKING out! It's scary! Also, I love that Tyler swam in a Speedo! That takes some real cahonies! :) We need to hang out cuz I can't even get Sean to go swim in his shorts without feeling uncomfortable. Sad that you don't have pictures of it!

Paige said...

We went to disneyland last year when Hayden was 2 1/2 & he all of a sudden just took off running away. I was 8 months pregnant, so I yelled to Russ who followed him. He saw Buzz lightyear walk by, and grabbed his leg & followed him. He was the first in line. Afterwards, we asked him how he liked him & he said "he was shy..." because he wouldn't talk! Too cute! What a cute family you have - love the names.